Iskon Sri Radha Krishna temple was inaugurated in the year 1997 by Shankar Dayal Sharma, then President of India. The temple was built to honor the birth centenary of Sri Prabhupada, the founder of the ISKCON. The project was conceived and executed by Madhu Pandit Dasa following the wishes of Prabhupada to promote Vedic culture and spiritual learning.
The museum occupies an area of 4000 sq. m, housing various industrial products and engines, which were opened by Sri Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in 1962. The first gallery set up at VITM on the theme Electricity was opened to the public in 1965. An airplane and a steam engine are displayed in its compound.
The Palace was first built by Rev. J. Garrett, who was the first Principal of the Central High School in Bangalore, now known as Central College. Spread over an area of 454 acres, the construction of the palace was started in 1862 and completed in 1944. In 1887, it was bought by the then Maharaja of Mysore Chamarajendra Wodeyar X.
At a distance of 3.5 km from Bangalore City Railway Station, Vidhan Soudha is the state legislature building located on Dr. Ambedkar road at the northern end of Cubbon Park. It houses the Legislative Chambers of Karnataka State. This is one of the top tourist places to visit in Bangalore and also the largest Legislative building of India. This is one of the prime attractions of Bangalore city and also most commonly used to represent Bangalore.
Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta lies at an elevation of 3780 ft. There is a temple dedicated to Lord Rangaswamy at the peak of Bilikal Betta. This temple is located underneath a huge, white colored rock. The temple priest lives near to the temple and is the only person living at the peak. Every year, pilgrims from the surrounding area climb this hill to celebrate a festival at the Rangaswamy temple at the top.
The village of Avani received a prominent place mainly due to the legends associated with it. According to mythology, goddess Sita gave birth to her twin children Lava-Kusha at Avani. It is also said that the war between Lord Rama and his sons Lava and Kusha took place in this village. As per the local belief, sage Valmiki, the author of the epic Ramayana was residing here during the period of Ramayana.
The Ranganathaswamy temple is situated on a hill called Tirumale. There is a vast Prakara with a gateway having tall Rajagopura. The sanctum of the Ranganatha temple was first consecrated in early 12th century by the Chola ruler and the temple has undergone renovations and expansion since. The beautiful gopuras were built by Vijayanagara emperor Krishnadevaraya in the 16th century and later renovated by King Jayachamaraja Wodeyar of Mysore. There are structures inside the sanctum which were also built by the Cholas and later renovated.
The waterfall is natural, perennial and water comes from a big rock at a height of 40 feet, irrespective of seasons. But its force and beauty is increased during the Monsoon season. The name Dumukurallu waterfalls came into prominence because of its sound resembling the fall of stones from above.
It is a two-storied building, built in the European classical style. Built with red stone, it serves as the perfect contrast to the white columned building of Vidhana Soudha. Attara Kacheri was built under the reign of Tipu Sultan, the Emperor of Mysore. He named the building as Attara Kacheri, meaning eighteen offices or departments. This was completed in 1864 and housed the Public Offices from 1868 until 1956.
There are 18 galleries showcasing a rich collection of coins, art and relics from the Mohenjodaro, Halebid and Vijayanagara. It also houses the relics dating back to 5000 years. The painting gallery includes beautiful and rare paintings in Mysore and Tanjore style and also paintings from Rajasthani and Pahari schools. The museum also preserves antiques that date back to the civilization of Harappa and Mohenjodaro. Among the other artifacts on display, ivory carvings, inlay work, sandal-wood caskets are highly appreciated.
At a distance of 12 km from Bangalore City Railway Station, the Shiva Temple, also known as Kemp Fort Shiva Temple, is located on Airport Road. Construction of the 65-feet-tall Lord Shiva idol and the temple started in 1994. The temple was inaugurated in 1995 by Sri Shankaracharya of Sringeri on the auspicious day of Maha Shivaratri. It is one of the popular among Bangalore tourist places.
The lake offers boating facility and it's a famous activity here. The park on front side of the lake is a good hangout place. This park stretches over 1.5 kms along the outer ring road. The other attractions in the park are wave pool, kids play area, kids ride, bungy jumping, food stalls etc. The park also houses a high-tech nursery.
There is a fort on the slopes of the hill which derives its name Madhugiri from the Honey bee colonies that were abundant during those days. Antaralada Bagilu, Diddibagilu, and Mysore Gate are the three gateways of the fort. A series of doorways lead to the hilltop. There is a temple of Gopalakrishna at the top of the hill. Both the temple and the fort stand in a ruined condition today due to lack of maintenance.
Venkatappa Art Gallery, as the name suggests has an exhibition of the great works of the famous artist K. Venkatappa. Some of the great works of the painter that one can see in the gallery include scenic view of the lake of Ooty, Nilgiri Mountains at Kodaikanal, sunrise of Ooty and so on. Works of artists like MF Hussain, Vasudev, Hanumaiah, Hariram, Rekha Rao etc are displayed here. The exquisite woodcarvings of CP Rajaram are displayed on the first floor. Other than this, there is the Hebbar Section dedicated to K.K. Hebbar to display his paintings.
Lepakshi was founded in the 16th century during the reign of the Vijayanagara king, Aliiya Rama Raya. Virupanna, the royal treasurer was accused of drawing funds without the king's permission from the state treasury to build the Veerabhadra temple at Lepakshi. However, he blinded himself to avoid the king's punishment. Even today one can see two dark stains upon the wall near the Kalyana Mandapa, which are said to be the marks made by his eyes.